"High in the Wicklow Mountains, the most picture perfect example of a country home. It retains the 19th century cottage feel with all the comforts of a good home away from home." The Irish Times
“Beautifully restored, 20 minutes from Glendalough up a leafy lane in a wooded valley with a stream burbling in the garden.” The Daily Telegraph
Aughavannagh Cottage is a beautifully restored holiday cottage in the scenic Wicklow Mountains an hour south of Dublin. Located near the Wicklow Way hiking trail at the foot of Lugnaquilla - Wicklow's highest mountain, this lovely house is the perfect location for a Wicklow self catering holiday.
- Sleeping up to seven in four lovely bedrooms and with a magnificent kitchen, this gorgeous Wicklow cottage is fully equipped with broadband and all mod cons but maintains the character of times past.
- Ideal base for climbing Lugnaquilla - Ireland's snowiest mountain!
- Only minutes from Glendalough, it's easily reached from ferries and airports, making it the ideal choice for your hiking, golfing, sailing and fishing Irish holiday - or just lazing about enjoying the Irish landscape.
- Aughavannagh Cottage is close to many pretty villages complete with welcoming pubs and restaurants.
- Situated in a peaceful wooded glen - children's activities, historic houses, ancient monastic sites, fishing, sailing and blue flag beaches are all nearby for you to enjoy.
- The cosmopolitan city of Dublin is an easy day trip from this Wicklow holiday accommodation for visits to breweries, museums and great shopping.
"Tucked away in a forested valley in the Wicklow mountains, the 19th century Aughavannagh Cottage is lovingly restored with all mod cons. Located on the mid-way point of the Wicklow Way, it is an ideal base to explore nearby glens, old military roads, pilgrim trails and remote mountain routes and Glendalough and Brittas Bay beach are less than half an hour away."
The Sunday Business Post